February 10, 2015

Sociopaths Are Everywhere



Feeling discouraged and depressed about the world in general?  This certainly won't help.

An 11 year old Cleveland, Ohio girl has been charged with murder in the beating death of a 2 month old infant.  The baby was staying overnight with the 11 year old, whose name has not been released due to her age, and her mother.  The infant's mother is - - or maybe I should say was - - friends with the tween's mother and the baby was staying overnight in an attempt to give the infant's mother a break. 

The tween's mother says she was awake until 3 a.m., with her daughter and the infant on a sofa with her.  She awoke about an hour later when her daughter wakened her to show her the baby was bleeding and with a badly swollen head.  The tween's mother called 911 and the infant was taken to a hospital, where she later died. 

Per Ohio law, a minor must be at least 14 years old to be turned over to the adult courts.  An 11 year old can, however, be sentenced to a Department of Youth Services facility until the age of  21. 

An 11 year old beating to death any living thing is disturbing enough but what made me feel absolutely sick was reading that the police chief stated the girl did not show any remorse.  I know some people might feel that an 11 year old cannot be responsible for her actions but that is bullshit, people.  I knew right from wrong before I was 11.  I certainly knew killing a baby was wrong before that. 

If I was a betting gal, I would bet this tween is a sociopath.  To have no remorse, no guilt, no nothing . . . sociopath, people.  This girl needs a boatload of therapy and she needs to be locked up.  She's a danger, plain and simple. 

Stories like this make me worry for our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment